Saturday, April 17, 2010

Can I bill telephone survey companies for my time?

Since telephone surveys are exempt from the Federal Do Not Call list and they are getting paid to conduct surveys, why can't I charge them a consulting fee for answering my phone and replying to their questions? I have found that by politely saying no does not discourage pollsters, they just call back another time. I have found that wasting their time by giving them conflicting answers frustrates them and often results in them hanging up on me is entertaining but doesn't adequately compensate me for the inconvenience of having to deal with an unwanted/unsolicited call. Perhaps a short script read to a pollster outlining the terms and conditions under which questions will be answered, a warning that the call is being recorded to document the particulars, specifically the poll takers name, the poll takers billing address and agreement to pay a consulting fee of x $/ hour with a minimum billing unit of x hours. If I am fair game simply because I have a phone, I may as well get paid!

Can I bill telephone survey companies for my time?
people who raise a stink like that usually do get a settlement and and apology, if you do it, go all out. don't quit. i recently saw a guy get several thousand dollars and breakfast with the president of nicor gas by complaining lol gl


No comments:

Post a Comment